For many of us, washing our cars has become a necessity, if only for personal satisfaction. What do professional car washes offer? Let’s have a close look at what is a professional car wash in this post.
The different professional car wash offers
Professionals offer several car wash solutions:
– Roller wash
This is the quickest and least expensive solution. The roller wash is automated, so there is no need for you to intervene. It is an ideal solution for people who drive a lot and want a vehicle that is always clean.
The cleaning quality is good but often incomplete; in addition, the rotating brushes may be in varying degrees of condition, creating a risk of micro-scratches.
Depending on the station, several cleaning programs (up to 6) are offered, from simple rinsing to a complete operation with pre-wash, wheel and chassis wash, reinforced underbody wash, full and side high-pressure wash, anti-tracking rinse, polish, and drying.
– Washing with a high-pressure cleaner
Here you will have to get your hands dirty and use the high-pressure hose; this type of cleaning is ideal for muddy vehicles or rinsing after winter use (in case of salt deposits on the bodywork, for example).
Several programmes are also available:
– two operating pressures available;
– cold or hot water;
– Washing with clear water or with soap;
– specific wheel cleaning;
– Rinsing with the anti-stain product.
The main disadvantage of this type of washing is that you generally don’t come out unscathed… and quite wet!
Note: high-pressure cleaning and roller washing are often offered by the same stations, which also have cleaning stations with hoovers for the interiors.
Car beauty salons
This is the ultimate. This is a new concept that has arrived from the United States: in this type of station, similar to the American car wash, the vehicle is taken care of from start to finish in an automated tunnel, supplemented by staff to clean the corners that are inaccessible to the machine, but also the interior of the vehicle.
This is a top-of-the-range service, carried out with rigour (in some cases, an inspector checks the work done at the end of the wash); this service includes, depending on the programmes (5 to 8 programmes can be offered):
– all the services of the roller wash;
– Mosquito removal;
– cleaning of door bottoms and uprights;
– manual wiping with chamois leather;
– complete interior cleaning (stain removal and shampooing of upholstery, etc.)
– tyre polish;
– interior perfume;
– polishing (including, on request, the renovation of tarnished headlight lenses).
This type of company offers to come to your home or workplace for complete cleaning without water, therefore environmentally friendly.
The advantages of professional car washes
There is a wide range of services on offer. It’s up to you to choose according to your financial means and the degree of quality you want to bring to clean your car.
The most important aspect of a professional car wash is the ecological benefit. Unlike a private car wash, cleaning companies are strictly controlled, and their wastewater disposal systems include a recycling and filtering system that guarantees minimum water consumption and waste.
– Tips to Protect Car’s Paint – Protection From Summer Heat;
– How to Prepare Your Car For Winter Storage;
– 5 Reasons to Get Your Car Washed by a Professional;
– Tips for Polishing and Protecting Car Paint;
– What You Need to Know On Ceramic Coatings;
– 2021’s Most Popular Car Colors;
– Is Paint Correction Worth It? Everything You Need to Know.
One thought on “What is Professional Car Wash”